Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"Encased" (Atretic Intestine) (Review)




BAND:
 Atretic Intestine
Listen/Buy Album
ALBUM: "Encased"
YEAR RELEASED: 2012
RECORD LABEL: Inverse Records
ALBUM TYPE: LP
* * * * * * * (7 out of 10 stars)



Ok, so today we have a great new album from ATRETIC INTESTINE. Please, don’t let the name scare you away: there is absolutely some quality metal that I assure you is worth your listen.


This album is just solid metal. There is no need to go too in-depth into this album. The music here literally speaks for itself. It is another golden gem from the Inverse Records family. The production quality is golden, and the riffs do not overdo themselves. I enjoy the fact that ATRETIC INTESTINE seems to be comfortable in their own METAL-ALITY. Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if they simply pick up their instruments and just “Go.” The sound that they’ve created with “Encased” almost leaves me in envy!

The first couple of tracks really draw you in. Once more, it is my attempt to keep this review short and sweet. The first real “stand-out” track in my eyes has to be (Cannibal Breed). There is nothing special about this track, except for the fact that it is JUST FUCKING METAL! I do believe that it entirely rocked my balls off. I had to pause the album to pick them back up. This is one of those tracks that I would love to see live. It is nice and steady, but they add just the right guitar tracks to keep it interesting. Great song.

The next track that really speaks to me is (Deadlift). This is a track that you can almost sing along with! Who doesn’t love a metal sing-along? It is very straightforward, but also has some obscure notation and riff structure. It is definitely a song that I enjoy thoroughly. Hopefully, the next song to be played on 339metal radio? Time will tell, I suppose… For now, I’ll keep blasting (Enforcement of Natural Selection) whenever it hits the 339metal airwaves.

All in all, “Encased” is a great metal piece of work by ATRETIC INTESTINE. I suggest that you head directly over to the 339store and pick yourself up a copy RIGHT NOW! I do believe that this is definitely an album that will add some luster to EVERY metalhead’s library. If you are a fan of excellently brutal death metal that doesn’t simply put you to sleep, this is your record! If you don’t believe me, go sample the tracks (Rectal Destructions) and (Cuntgrinder) right now! Yes, yes, yes… I know that these seem as if they are the SAME OLD DEATH METAL overtones, but trust me – ATRETIC INTESTINE is great at what they do, and definitely know how to switch up the pace enough to keep you listening until the very end! Excellent work. ATRETIC INTESTINE is just another reason that when I think metal, I think Finland.

No comments:

Post a Comment